Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A little more sprucing up in the Kitchen!

So last Sunday, the day I planned on relaxing...I was doing my daily routine of reading my favorite blogger sites and got the idea to fix up our little window over our kitchen sink!


I knew I had some cute curtains that my MIL gave me when we moved in; they were actually Matt's Grandma's curtains she had in her home:) I love sentimental things...


Anyways, I went out to BB&B and bought a plain ol' tension rod for like $5...cheap and I knew it would do the job. I also stopped at Anthro and happened to find the cutest little rustic pots for only $8 a pop!! And that was at regular price; I don't think I've ever found something at Anthro for that cheap at reg price;) I knew they would be perfect to line up on the window sil.

Brought it all back home, ironed the curtains, put them up on the rod, found some knick knacks around the house to place in the pots and VIOLA a spruced up kitchen window for under $30! Much better than the blahness that was there before:) This will definitely do until we can afford shutters in the house!!

Close up of the cute new pots I got and the curtains...


Window Before...



Window After!



YAY for cheap and easy house projects!!


XOXO, M&K

No comments:

Post a Comment