Sunday, June 13, 2010

Crossing off the list...

So we FINALLY finished our kitchen cabinets, only took us a month!! Well technically it was only 3 weeks, we had a trip to Austin in the middle there;) It looks SO great though, we are very happy with how it turned out. It's so bright and airy, I'm in love with it!! Take a look at the before and after pictures.

BEFORE...


AFTER!!!

I also finally got around to painting my china cabinet that I bought off of Craigslist probably almost a year ago. I knew I wanted to refinish it but was always nervous to get it started. I have to say, I think it turned out pretty great...exactly the look I was going for!! I'm going to do a little more sanding though to bring out more of a distressed look. It was such a fun project and I'm pretty sure I'd like to do the same kind of thing to a dining room table....if I can ever find one!! For those of you that know me you know I'm a pretty indecisive person and between Craigslist, Garage Sales, Antique Stores and Blogs there are SO many pieces I find but just can't make up my dang mind!!

BEFORE...a weird creamy color


AFTER!! A lovely soft white:)


I zoomed in so you could see some of the distressing I did. We're going to change out the paper on the back of the cabinet, something lighter and more updated!



Last but certainly not least, we finally bought a fan to go up in our master bedroom. I love this fan, I can FINALLY sleep at night!! Since I hit my 2nd trimester I haven't been sleeping so great, I'm either hot, not comfortable or waking up to pee in the middle of the night. Not to mention it pulls our whole bedroom together:) We have done a LOT of work to our house. In our bedroom we scraped the popcorn ceilings, repainted the room, laid wood floors and replaced the fan!! Boy has it come a long way...

BEFORE...(took this picture when we walked thru the house for the first time)


AFTER!!! Looks like a completely different room!


Ok we'll it's WAY past my bed time...this thing is so hard to update with pictures, takes forever!! We will probably take a few weeks off from doing anything around the house because we have a busy and exciting few weeks ahead of us!! Two of Matt's sisters (Amy and Donna) and their families are visiting Houston next weekend so we are going down to visit with them:) Then the whole Woolen fam (Amy, Randy and our niece and nephew) are coming up to Dallas the following weekend for a wedding and will be staying with us! Matt and I are SO excited to hang out with Riley and Brooke, he's thinking of taking them to do some fishing and I'm thinking a fun picnic and kite flying sounds fun!! Can't wait:)

Love to all!!
M&K

3 comments:

  1. Love all of it! Great job! You and Matt are beginning to sound like some great fun parents. Fishing and kite flying! What a perfect day! Hoping I get to see you and your belly this weekend (saw you were making a trip but sounds like you have people to see).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, the cabinets look 100% better. You've done such a cute job. I cannot wait to see baby Evelyn's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Y'all have done absolute wonders! You need to be on HGTV, seriously.

    ReplyDelete